Monday, December 10, 2012

Week 12


Week 1 
I introduced myself in this post. I talked about my background and past experience in the U.S.. I really enjoyed to read other people’s posts and get to know them. It was amazed to know they are actually from so many different places around the world with various background. 

Week 2
In week two, I finished the beginner’s questionnaire and read the first chapter of the book. I thought about some issues about how to prepare for an online course. I also discussed the role of an online instructor. In the end, I tried to clarify some people’s misunderstanding about Instructional Technology. 

Week 3
This week’s topic was course design. This is a very important task for instructors. I reflected some ideas stated by Ko and Rossen. I also recommended using storyboard to plan an online course. I shared an online course I created for a class project. 

Week 4
In this week, we continued the course design discussion. I read chapter 3 and talked about the  procedure of course design, the elements and instructional activities. I analyzed these issues using the online course I designed.

Week 5
This week’s topic was syllabus. I liked Ko and Rossen’s interpretation of the role of a syllabus. O reflected on the method of designing an online syllabus presented by Lisa and thought about how to make the syllabus interactive.

Week 6
This week’s topic was related to Internet skills. I took the Internet skills quiz. I was pretty glad that I got a good score. I learned some basic knowledge of HTML which I was not that familiar with. I also found a good video about how to plan an online course and embedded it to the blog.

Week 7
Building an online community was the topic for this week. I really enjoyed this discussion, no matter online or face-to-face with my classmates. We had a great discussion with my classmates and Dr. Major in the face-to-face class. I also introduced Richard Mayer’s cognitive theory of multimedia learning in my post.

Week 8
The discussion of online community was continued this week. I was interested in virtual environment and posed some questions about Second Life. I further explored some issues about the educational usage of social networking tools. Some online resources I found were posted in the blog as well.

Week 9
The bookmarking tool Diigo and Second Life were the main focus for this week. As for the bookmarking tool, I have only used Delicious before. So this was the first time I learned to use Diigo and explored its educational usage. As for Second Life, I expressed my little doubt about its educational value. 

Week 10
http://zhetao4pot.blogspot.com/2012/11/week-10-blogs.html
In this week’s task, we talked about the pedagogical usage of blogs. The different roles of blogs were discussed. Since Dr. Major raised some interesting questions about blogging in her comment on other’s blog, I thought about them and tried to answer them from my own perspective. 

Week 11
Class Resources and Intellectual Property are the main topics of this week’s discussion. I do think they are both important issues for teachers especially online teachers. It is necessary for online teachers to know how to handle these issues appropriately. The chapter in Ko and Rossen’s book is really useful. I have learned many detailed tips. 

Overall, this is an amazing journal and experience for me. I have met so many new friends and share my thoughts and ideas with them. It is fun and meaningful. From this weekly blog task, I also got a chance to recall and rethink my learning and teaching experience. I would say I have learned a lot from this experience. 

1 comment:

  1. It's time to talk cash - the subject that can turn a perfectly calm, family dinner into a screaming match. No one likes to discuss money. Nonetheless, you should have a financial plan for your online education. And the bottom line is that you don't have to go broke earning your degree. Financial aid is available. Even if the very mention of the word "forms" can make your skin crawl, we're here to tell you that a small effort goes a long way. Read This for more info.

    ReplyDelete