Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 6 Video


As for the Internet skills quiz, I scored 92%, not bad I think. The questions in this quiz are pretty common and basic knowledge of Internet. The only question I answered incorrectly is the last one about the definition of an“open source”program. I found the correct answer after I googled it. I guess besides scores, it would be better if we can see correct answers as well after submitting the quiz. 

I have never tried to write HTML myself before. In my mind, writing HTML seemed like a complicated and professional task for IT folks, and I had no idea about these complex codes. After reading Dave’s introduction about the HTML, I feel better. His introduction is practical and simple. I like the templates and examples provided in this introduction. I get to know some basic codes.

I embedded a video I found on YouTube. A professor in the college of education at Indiana University talks about how to plan an online course. He provides some good advice and guidelines for online instructors. He also recommends several free online educational resources. I think it would be helpful and I should share it with you. 


3 comments:

  1. I think it's great to get a sense of html and how it works. It seems to help with understanding why something is working or not working, which I think helps you to be able to fix it. Hope it works that way for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fang says: Using HTML could be painful; especially you are new to it. Much time, an omission of one single bracket or typo would result in a big mess on your webpage. Luckily, as I mentioned in my post, there are many tools/services that don’t need knowledge in HTML, they offer your opportunity to directly cut and paste your source onto webpage, namely “WYSIWYG”, this is great for those who hate programing. Thanks to the technology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Distance learning is making waves nowadays not just because it is cheaper but also simply because that it could help students attain their studies in under a period of time in comparison with doing it in a typical way. The convenience that online degree learning brought into the human lives is much more invaluable since anyone who has an interest to pursue education can do so even when they are working. They are able to work at their own pace and the fact that they are able to complete their studies more quickly than most conventional students do is absolutely a benefit. Check This Out for more info.

    ReplyDelete